23.4.15

Joannas





It's official - my 4-year friend is now my girlfriend. I hope you weren't expecting details of how I flew to Hongkong, stalked her to learn her schedule, left hints of my presence before surprising her with a pair of tickets to see Mickey.



Our backstory is nothing spectacular; there was no love, best friend or even connection at first sight. Our first interaction was her quizzically questioning my choice of Spongebob apparel at a pre-JCRC meeting. We ended up in the same group of friends as the only two who were attached and trying to get everyone else hitched. 


The one awww moment I can point to was when she played my female lead in my first ever piece of choreography. She danced (acted?) to the role of a playgirl who toyed with my heart but eventually got hers toyed with by me. It's something.




Very practically, I chose her because she was the only one short enough for me to achieve an even number formation with a center. While the message behind our first dance together was rather ominous, I'd like to believe she'll be dancing with me the rest of our days.

This is my shortie. She comes in a fun-size of 150cm. Acquaintances might not know, but closer friends have remarked how we are like the opposite gender versions of each other. We think nearly identically, share the same views and opinions, share the same habits, carry the same kind of passion for the things we love and give of ourselves to whatever we commit to in the same manner. We're both simultaneously aloof and sociable, noisy and quiet, fun and boring, fierce and gentle, left and at the same time right. We both enjoy mischievous acts of terror at each other's expense from time to time, although she's worst because she's 20cm closer to Satan than I am (figure of speech of course; Satan is around us not under). We're tied neck in neck for unpunctuality, but we're both always happy to wait. An odd ball like me will have to wait generations to find such a fit, and it's only now that I won't be considered a pedophile. Or less of a pedophile.



Of course, it's all easy to say on day 5. We've been through nothing, we haven't seen anything, the only constant is change. It's all gut feel at this point; I just believe we'll live happily ever after - two queer kids prancing around happily - our only constant is being strange. 




No comments:

Post a Comment